Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Meeting Up with Hu Pang Chow


During my three days and two nights trip to Kota Bharu, Kelantan, I was lucky to have a chance to meet up with PAS Supporters' Club Chairman, Hu Pang Chow. Prior to this meeting, my understanding towards PAS was not detailed at all. After his explanation, I had widened my horizons and knowledge in politics especially in PAS.

It is a mistake in the principle that PAS has been practising for years before the political tsunami in March 2008. After the realization, the top leaders have been told not to use to word "Islamic" anymore. But it is unavoidable that sometimes the grassroots are still talking about it. According to him, there should not be any worries about PAS' intention in turning Malaysia into an Islamic state. This is evident in their approach on many matters.

Apart from this, he told me that there is a suggestion from him to PAS Chairman, Nik Aziz regarding the formation of a wing for the non-Muslims. With this, it can only be supported and well represented by races of all as race-based politics is no longer relevant today. It was a fruitful meeting with him.

No comments: